Thursday 24 July 2014

SURPRISE, CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!


I was feeling jittery with excitement. I kept watch as we waited for them to knock on the door.
I am terrible at keeping secrets and the anticipation was making me feel faint. Bing Crosby was crooning his christmas songs as the guys tried to keep an eye on who was winning the surfing while the kids played in front of the television and us girls busied ourselves getting the food ready and setting the table. There were a couple of false knocks at the door which were enough to have me break out into a small sweat and go crazy hissing and yelling to everyone to sit at their seats at the table, and as annoying as it was, it was fantastic opportunity to perfect our surprise. The real knock was faint and unassuming and when we opened the door to them, seeing her face brighten and shy away into her hands made my eyes well up with salty drops. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 
Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Kodak Portra 160 & Ilford HP5
Please do not use my images without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment