Friday 18 July 2014

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?


When I was a kid I can remember often being asked, "Where are you from?". I was a bit of a slow learner you see, and it took me until my mid-twenties to realise that when people asked me this, they weren't asking about where I lived, they were asking me about my heritage. I can remember being asked by my best friends mum if I was Sri Lanken and I cringe thinking about my eight year old response at the time, "What does that mean?". I often get claimed by all sorts of people; Indians, Maori's, Sri Lanken's, Greek's, South American's and Indigenous Australian's. Whenever this happens, I often think about how I could have been an awesome spy morphing into different people with different stories to tell, maybe in another lifetime. When this board came up at my local coffee spot my hubby very excitedly put my pin on for me, I wonder how many other people will also be pinning Papua New Guinea?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 
Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Fuji 800z
Please do not use my images without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment