Saturday 23 August 2014

BLOOD ORANGE & HAZELNUT CAKE







It has been a while since I have baked a cake and I saw this featured on the Australian Gourmet Traveller facebook page as a weekend challenge. I was up for it. So we went down to the local fruit and vegetable shop and stocked up on some blood oranges and raw hazelnuts. We roasted the hazelnuts and popped them into our Vitamix to make the Hazelnut Meal, got messy squeezing the blood oranges and the rest was history. We are trying desperately to save some cake for morning tea tomorrow, a slice for hubby and a slice for the ladies at the fruit and vegetable shop, but as I type this my son is asking me if we can have cake for dessert. This cake is delicious and I had a slice with a cup of coffee and a slice with a cup of tea, and I must say that it is best had with a cup of tea.

Weekend challenge, what was yours?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Please do not use my images without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment