Tuesday 12 August 2014

FOLLOW YOUR NOSE


A few days ago I made Biko!! Growing up my mum would make this and it would be no surprise, the sweet homely smell of sticky rice in the oven infiltrates the whole house. After speaking with my friends at the local fruit store, I was equipped with all of the ingredients and re-capped with the knowledge of how to make it. A few cans of coconut milk, a bag of sweet rice and some brown sugar later and this is what emerged from my oven. My son followed his nose into the kitchen and started picking at the caramalised topping with a fork before it had time to cool and thicken. I had love hearts in my eyes as I watched my child enjoy the smell and taste of the same food that I also used to enjoy as a child (and still do!).

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Please do not use my images without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment