Monday 25 August 2014

STEWED RHUBARB w BLOOD ORANGE & GREEK YOGHURT













Stewed rhubarb is what I made on Sunday afternoon. Fresh local rhubarb from the markets with some left over blood oranges from Saturday's weekend challenge. After about half an hour of searching through my cook books, I ended up appropriating a Jamie Oliver recipe which I found online but I made a couple of little tweaks to suit what I had available at home and to my taste.



Stewed Rhubarb w Blood Orange
Bunch of fresh Rhubarb
Juice and zest of 1 Blood Orange 
Half a cup to a cup sugar (sweetness to your taste)

1. Slice rhubarb into 4cm sections and place into a pot
2. Add zest and juice, plus a ladle full of water
3. Add sugar and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.

Serve over some full fat greek yoghurt, or perhaps over some toasted sour dough with a dollop of greek yoghurt and a spoonful of stewed rhubarb on top.

Note: If you like it to be a bit more syrupy, add a tablespoon or two of extra water and sugar.



Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Please do not use my images without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment