Saturday 27 September 2014

DREAM CATCHER


 


I am a daydreamer. I always have been. I like to dream big and I like to dream of alternative scenarios. Growing up, daydreaming was never a habit that was graced by my parents. It was viewed as wafty and the type of thing that a scatterbrain would run away with. Lately I have been embracing my habits and rather than trying to squash them (I love food, so I have been cooking more of it from scratch; I love beautiful imagery so I have been taking photographs daily; I love being able to photograph handmade things, so I have been learning new skills), I have been dissceting and thinking....daydreaming....about their strengths and where they might take me one day. I have a love for food, travel, fashion and photography. Along with a billion other people, my dream way of living would involve being paid to photograph food and fashion around the world. So what am I doing to achieve that? Slowly, but surely I am chipping away. Practicing my skills, refining and sharing and surrounding myself with likeminded creative and motivated people. Lately I have been surrounded by even more creative people than ever (even when I worked in the creative field of advertising) and I am astounded by the limitations that we all seem to cap on ourselves. Maybe it's because we are parents, or maybe it's because we are no longer in our 20s...whatever it may be, I want to shake it off.

I had an amazingly uplifting conversation with a beautiful friend of mine today and we both have so many ideas, plans, abilities, connections and friendships yet the things that we want to achieve seem to be happening at snails pace. We made a pact to keep on encouraging each other and to remind each other of our abilities. I am so thankful for the people in my life who support my ideas and dreams. Another major push occurred after reading through the Collective Magazine, oh my gosh. The inspiring stories are literally brimming off of the pages and made me realise that people are doing the sh*t they love and making a living out of it. From illustrators, to weavers, programmers, designers and photographers....and just like me, they aren't academically trained in the area of interest, but their passion and love for their interests and hobbies has led them down an amazing journey and growth - both personally and financially.

Here is my calling to the Universe, I am ready!

Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Please do not use my images without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment