Monday 29 September 2014

#ITTC COLOUR PALETTE CHALLENGE


I am a huge fan of Instagram and I have so many favourite accounts, it would be hard to pinpoint even just a handful! I absolutely love wasting time perving on their beautiful galleries and sometimes my feed is just so full of beautiful imagery it is often a quick pick me up as I usually feel inspired or just darn happy after looking at the beautiful photographs.

What I am starting is a personal challenge but you are most welcome to join me, what I want to work on is using colour palettes to pretty up my instagram account with a flowing block of different colours and also as a way of practicing and challening my styling and photography practice. Using particular colour palettes seems to be a pattern which is prevalent with the accounts that I personally enjoy looking at and I would like to work on using different colour themes. I have often steered clear of doing it because I love colour and I really couldn't play favourites to just one particular colour palette, but with this challenge I can play around with different palettes each month.

First rule of the colour palette challenge is that you must have at least six consecutive photographs which express at least four of the colours from the colour palette challenge. Yeah, and that's it.
So my plan is to release a colour palette every month and my aim is to have at least six consecutive photographs using a minimum of four of the colours from the months colour palette challenge. Some months I may follow the palette exclusively with my styling and photography, and other months I may just do my six consecutive photographs, I guess it just depends on what I feel like doing or how much I am loving the colour palette.

Ooops, I lied. Second rule of the colour palette challenge is that with each photograph posted (blog or instagram or facebook or ello) you must hashtag #ITTCCOLOURPALETTECHALLENGE that way we have a reference as to our progress (wow, i'm a bit bossy). You must hashtag #ITTCCOLOURPALETTECHALLENGE (just incase the first bolded, uppercase shouty style hashtag demand missed the point). At the end of each month I will decide on my favourite photograph and give myself a pat on the shoulder.....unless you decide to join in, then I will share a pat on the shoulder with you too and we can emoticon high five each other and say, 'We did it!'. 

As of tomorrow, let the challenge begin.

Cowabunga!






 Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Images taken using Canon 5D Markiii//50mm 1.4
Please do not use my images without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment